1.This “GlobalPass End-User Terms and Conditions” (“Agreement”) governs your access to and use of the GlobalPass website and applications (collectively, the “Site”) and ID Verification Services (as defined below) offered on the Site. This is a legal agreement between you (the “ID Verification User” or “you” or “your”) and GlobalPass AG (“GlobalPass”).
When you registered, you either registered as an individual or as a company or other business organisation. When registering, you provided information about yourself and/or an owner or principal of the business. You hereby represent and warrant that all information provided is true and correct and that you are authorised to act on behalf of the business and have authority to bind the business to this Agreement. The term “you” “your” and “ID Verification User” will mean you, the natural person, as well as the business.
When you register, we collect basic information such as your name, company name, location, email address, phone number and other information. We also may ask for a copy of an identity document such as a passport, national ID card or drivers’ license. You were also required to create a username and password to access the ID Verification Services. Any information you provided will be treated in accordance with our
. Please also review our
By checking the box on the registration page agreeing to these terms and conditions or by using the ID Verification Services, you are agreeing that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by this Agreement.
If you do not agree or are unable to agree to be bound by this Agreement, do not use the ID Verification Services and exit the Site.
GlobalPass may modify this Agreement from time to time. When changes are made, GlobalPass will make the revised version available on this webpage and will indicate the date that revisions were last made at the top of this page. Your use of the Site or the Services after such posting will constitute acceptance by you of such changes.
2.This Agreement is effective as of the date you first registered (the “Effective Date”). If you registered as a business entity, the ID Verification Services (as defined below) may also be utilised by Affiliates (as defined below) of the ID Verification User; provided that (i) the ID Verification User shall be the sole party responsible for making payments under this Agreement and (ii) the ID Verification User shall be responsible to GlobalPass for all Affiliates compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. For purposes of this Agreement, the term “Affiliate” shall mean any entity in which the ID Verification User has direct or indirect ownership of greater than 50% of the voting shares of the relevant company.
3.GlobalPass is providing electronic identity verification services (“ID Verification Services”) to the ID Verification User pursuant to this Agreement. This Agreement shall remain in effect until terminated. ID Verification User or GlobalPass may terminate this Agreement, and/or suspend your access to the ID Verification Services, at any time.
4.As part of the ID Verification Services, GlobalPass grants to the ID Verification User a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to utilise the ID Verification Services for the lawful purposes and with consent (see “Permitted Purpose”and “User Consent” below in this section 4). This license allows the ID Verification User the right to submit data for verification through the ID Verification Services according to the Permitted Purpose (each submittal a “Transaction”) to a maximum limit, as per separate agreement with the User.
Permitted Purpose - verifying an individual’s identity, age or address information for lawful purposes of identity verification, fraud prevention or enforcement of laws designed to prevent money laundering but does not include determining a consumer’s eligibility for credit or insurance for personal, family or household purposes, employment or a government license or benefit.
User Consent - ID Verification User agrees to obtain the appropriate, active, and informed consent from each individual consumer in accordance with all applicable laws for the collection, disclosure, and use of personal information prior to requesting any of the ID Verification Services. Additionally, a direct business need for the information in connection with a business transaction involving the consumer must exist. THE GLOBALPASS ID VERIFICATION SYSTEM MUST NOT BE USED FOR UNAUTHORISED USE.
5.If GlobalPass processes EU Personal Data in the course of the provision or procurement of the ID Verification Services, the parties will abide by the requirements included in the EU Personal Data Schedule, attached as Schedule B, including notifying the data subject that their Personal Information will be transferred outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), providing any other required information to the data subject, and offer the data subject the opportunity to object to the transfer.
6.The ID Verification User must not distribute, market, re-license, sub-license, rent, lease, adapt, translate, enhance, modify, de-compile, disassemble, reverse engineer, reproduce, create derivative works or translate the whole or any part of the information included in the ID Verification Services, and must not merge the ID Verification Services into any other product or service without the prior written permission of GlobalPass.
7.In consideration of GlobalPass providing the ID Verification Services to the ID Verification User, the ID Verification User agrees to pay to GlobalPass the fees, which shall be set forth in separate agreement, including any related payment transmission fees or related bank charges. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all fees and charges referred to by separate agreement are exclusive of VAT. Payment will be made by charging your credit card on file. By providing credit card information or other payment method acceptable to GlobalPass, you represent and warrant that; i) the information provided is true and correct; ii) you are authorised to provide that information and to use the designated payment method; and iii) you authorise GlobalPass (or GlobalPass’s third-party payment processor) to charge your payment method for the total amount due. You agree to pay all credit card charges when due. You agree to pay all charges when due regardless of the number of transactions performed and regardless of the specific results or performance of the ID Verification Services.
8.The ID Verification User warrants and represents that it:
- will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to privacy and data protection laws;
- has all licences, authorisations, consents and approvals necessary in order to perform its obligations under this Agreement;
Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection
, and equivalent international legislation such as the GDPR).
- will only use the ID Verification Services for the Permitted Purpose and otherwise in accordance with the terms of this Agreement (including any obligations or restrictions set out in the Schedules);
- will comply with all requirements and additional obligations listed in paragraph 4, herein, including, where applicable, the implementation of consumer consent requirements and agreement to additional terms and conditions contained therein;
- will obtain the freely given specific and informed consent from the individual that is the subject of the ID Verification Services, in accordance with applicable laws;
- will utilise the ID Verification Services for its own purposes and will not forward, send or disseminate any data or information contained within the ID Verification Services to any other party (with the exception of any Affiliate of the ID Verification User, but only for such time as such ownership is held in the company); and
- will, upon request, provide all reasonable assistance to allow GlobalPass to monitor and audit the ID Verification User’s compliance with this Agreement, and to otherwise enable GlobalPass to comply with its obligations to third parties (including but not limited to government departments and agencies).
- will not introduce any back door, drop dead device, time bomb, Trojan horse, virus, or worm (as such terms are commonly understood in the software industry) or any other code designed or intended to have, or capable of performing, any of the following functions: (i) disrupting, disabling, harming or otherwise impeding in any manner the operation of, or providing unauthorised access to, the ID Verification Services or GlobalPass’s computer system or network; or (ii) damaging or destroying any data.
9.The ID Verification Services are provided on the following terms:
- GlobalPass does not represent or warrant or guarantee that the databases used to provide the ID Verification Services are complete, accurate or correct and, accordingly, GlobalPass does not represent or warrant or guarantee that any information provided by GlobalPass to the ID Verification User as part of the ID Verification Services is complete, accurate or correct.
- Any information provided by GlobalPass to the ID Verification User as part of the ID Verification Services relies on the completeness, accuracy and correctness of data which is entered by the ID Verification User.
- The provision of the ID Verification Services by GlobalPass is contingent on data sources supplied by third parties, including government agencies, third-party suppliers of identity verification services and credit reference agencies. Those third parties may change or may, due to change in laws or other reasons, change their policies or services. Therefore, the provision and price of the ID Verification Services, and the Permitted Purpose, may be amended by GlobalPass (acting reasonably) where and to the limited and minimum extent required to comply with a change from a third-party supplier. Where possible, GlobalPass will provide ID Verification User at least 30 days’ prior, written notice of such changes. If amendments in accordance with this clause (c) are not acceptable to ID Verification User (acting reasonably), the ID Verification User may cease their usage of the particular affected service.
- The ID Verification User hereby authorises GlobalPass to engage the third parties described in clause 9(c), to provide the requested ID Verification Services. The ID Verification User agrees that GlobalPass may provide to such third parties any information necessary for the fulfilment of the ID Verification Services and GlobalPass may check the information provided by the ID Verification User against any databases supplied by such third parties for the purposes of performing the ID Verification Services.
10.GlobalPass, its contractors and sub-contractors, for the purposes of this Agreement, are not:
- a financial intermediary with the duty to report as set forth in Section 2, Article 9 (Duty to Report) by the
Swiss Federal Act on Combating Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
(“AMLA ACT”) and as such do not have an obligation to retain any copies of an identification procedure as required under Article 7.
- a financial intermediary with the duty to report for the purposes of the requirement to retain copies of an identification procedure as required under Article 7 of the AMLA ACT.
- a financial intermediary with the duty to report as defined under Swiss cantonal and or federal laws;
- a Consumer Reporting Agency as defined by the U.S. Fair Credit Reporting Act 15 U.S.C. et seq (“FCRA”) and GlobalPass’s data or reports do not constitute “Consumer Reports” as that term is defined in the FCRA.
11.The ID Verification User is responsible for:
- procuring any software or applications which it requires to use or view the ID Verification Services;
- the accuracy of the information input for the ID Verification Services; and
- assessing and setting the risk tolerance level according to its needs.
12.Subject to the terms of this Agreement, the parties agree to cooperate and provide reasonable assistance in joint marketing materials from time to time. No such announcements shall be issued without both parties’ prior written consent, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
13.GlobalPass and its service providers will retain ownership of all intellectual property in the ID Verification Services (including any amendments, enhancements, modifications or updates of the ID Verification Services).
14.Except as expressly set out herein, the ID Verification User will have no rights or interest with respect to the ID Verification Services. Nothing contained in this Agreement will constitute a licence or grant of any rights to the ID Verification User with respect to any trademark, logo, service, mark, trade name, service name or patent.
15.As used in this Agreement, "Confidential Information" means any information communicated by either party to the other party in the context of their business relationship (whether documented now or in the future or otherwise) and includes information regarding the ID Verification Services not generally known to the public, the identity of GlobalPass’s data sources and vendors as well as any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (including, without limitation, name, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, government identity card number, driver’s license number, or any other unique identifier or one or more factors specific to the individual’s physical, physiological, mental, economic or social identity, and whether confidential customer data or otherwise) provided by either party to the other (“Personal Information”) and including user name and password information.
16.AExcept with respect to Personal Information, Confidential Information does not include information that is generally known to the public, information received in good faith from a third-party not subject to a confidential obligation to the source, or information that was independently developed by the recipient without the developing persons having access to or knowledge of the confidential information.
17.Each party agrees that it will:
- not disclose, nor permit any person to disclose, to any other person or entity any Confidential Information except to those of its data vendors, directors, officers or employees with a strict need to know in order to perform the obligations under this Agreement. Such data vendors, directors, officers or employees shall be of the obligation of confidentiality hereunder and shall be subject confidentiality obligations at least as restrictive as those set forth in this Agreement. Should either party be legally required to disclose Confidential Information, that party shall, unless prohibited by law, immediately notify the other party of such request or requirement for disclosure, and reasonably assist that party, prior to disclosure so that party may seek an appropriate protective order;
- protect the Confidential Information with the same degree of care it uses to safeguard its own information of a similar character, provided that such degree of care shall not be less than a reasonable degree of care implementing appropriate administrative, physical, technical and organisational measures, policies and procedures to protect Confidential Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, unauthorised alteration, disclosure or access, and other unlawful forms of processing;
- immediately notify the other party in writing if it suspects, has reason to believe or confirms that any Confidential Information is or has been lost, stolen, compromised, misused or used, accessed or acquired in an unauthorised manner or by any unauthorised person, or for any purpose other than legitimate business reasons;
- comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws which may apply to the storage or transmission of any Confidential Information; and
- return or destroy Confidential Information to the other party within ten (10) days of notice from such party.
18.GlobalPass may suspend the ID Verification Services or terminate this Agreement immediately, without further obligation to ID Verification User, in the event that (i) the ID Verification User commits a material breach of any of its obligations under this Agreement, (ii) for non-payment of services, or (iii) if there is a change of circumstances beyond GlobalPass’s control which prevents GlobalPass from providing the ID Verification Services.
19.Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this Agreement if such delay is due to an act of God, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, accident, acts of the public enemy, terrorist acts, war, rebellion, insurrection, sabotage, epidemic, quarantine restriction, transportation embargo, change of law or strike (each a “Force Majeure”).
20.If a delay or failure of a party to perform its obligations is caused by, or anticipated because of, Force Majeure, the performance of that party’s obligations will be suspended.
21.If a delay or failure by a party to perform its obligations because of Force Majeure exceeds 30 days, either party may immediately terminate this Agreement by giving written notice to the other party.
22.GlobalPass is not responsible:
- if the ID Verification User fails to use the ID Verification Services in accordance with the Permitted Purpose or any other term of this Agreement;
- if any equipment, browser, server or software utilised by the ID Verification User in accessing the ID Verification Services fails; or,
- for any damage to equipment, hardware, programs or data, whether stored or used with the ID Verification Services or otherwise, including the costs of repairing such equipment or hardware and the costs of recovering such programs or data.
23.To the extent permitted by law, other than to the extent expressly set out in this Agreement, GlobalPass makes no representations or warranties either express or implied:
- in relation to the suitability, quality, merchantability, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the ID Verification Services;
- that the ID Verification Services will meet the ID Verification User’s requirements;
- that the ID Verification User’s use of the ID Verification Services will be uninterrupted or error-free or that any errors or defects in the ID Verification Services will be corrected; or
- regarding the interoperability, compatibility or coexistence of the ID Verification Services with the ID Verification User’s operating system or particular network environment or hardware.
24.IN NO EVENT WILL GLOBALPASS OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES, OR ANY DATA PROVIDER, BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT IN ANY MANNER, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY OR NEGLIGENCE).
25.GLOBALPASS’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY DURING THE TERM FOR ANY OR ALL LOSSES OR INJURIES ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO A REFUND OF THE FEES PAID BY IDV USER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT DURING THE THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO THE OCCURRENCE OF THE FIRST EVENT GIVING RISE TO ALL OR PART OF THE LIABILITY.
26.Notwithstanding any other term of this Agreement, GlobalPass accepts no liability for any inaccuracy, incompleteness or other error in any (i) inquiry information, (ii) other information, or (iii) data, provided by the ID Verification User to GlobalPass.
27.The ID Verification User will indemnify GlobalPass, its affiliates and agents from and against any and all claim, damages, losses, liabilities or fees arising in connection with any costs incurred as a result of a breach of any term of this Agreement by the ID Verification User.
28.The ID Verification User must not assign or transfer any rights or liabilities under this Agreement to any other person, except with written consent of GlobalPass.
29.If, for any reason, GlobalPass is required to disclose any or all of its data vendors to ID Verification User, then ID Verification User agrees that it shall be prohibited from contacting or doing business with such data vendors, for the purpose of obtaining similar services as those provided through GlobalPass under this Agreement, at any time during the term of the Agreement and for a period of one (1) year after the termination of this Agreement.
30.The ID Verification User can contact GlobalPass at any time with questions or to cancel the ID Verification Services by sending an email to: support(at)globalpass.ch.
31.If any provision of this Agreement is found to be illegal or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction then that provision will be deemed to be deleted, but without affecting the remaining provisions.
32.A failure by either party to exercise or enforce any rights available to that party or the giving of any forbearance, delay or indulgence is not to be construed as a waiver of that party’s rights under this Agreement.
33.All documents referred to in this Agreement form part of this Agreement and may be amended from time to time by the parties in writing. Such amendments do not otherwise affect the rights and obligations howsoever under this Agreement.
34.This Agreement (including the Schedule and any other documents referred to in the Schedule or this Agreement) contains the entire Agreement between the parties and there are no other representations, promises or conditions.
35.This Agreement is governed by the laws of Switzerland. Both parties stipulate and agree that any litigation arising from or relating to this Agreement will be heard in a court of competent jurisdiction located in Zug, Switzerland.